Thursday 8 October 2009

Living(?) in suburbia

At 7:30am the lawn mowers start. At first, you get excited, because legally, people can't make that much noise that early... but it's technically on land owned by the city, so it's okay.

Who am I? I'm the person living in suburbia that doesn't quite belong. The houses look the same. The parents take their kids to school in their four-wheel-drives, the mums walk together, taking their dogs who shit on my overgrown lawn, because I refuse to mow it when it's less than 5cms high. On Saturday morning, I may have yelled "get a fucking life" out the window when I heard the chorus of lawn mowers. How am I supposed to have a life when the mowers are chorusing through the neighbourhood?


Is it possible to get kicked out of a neighbourhood for rebelling?

Comments:
yes - mute button
 
that was meant to be more like....
 
yes - keyboard - it just didn't work out that way.
 
Mow your lawn at midnight, using a flashlight for light, while drinking a beer.

When the neighbors come out to bitch, tell them you don't like it when they wake you with their fucking lawnmowers either.

;)
 
Not sure what the laws are like in Florida, Bry, but here you're legally not allowed to make that much noise between 11pm and I think it's 7am...

I don't wanna' get locked up :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]