Tuesday 3 November 2009

strange nights

My room was hot and stuffy, so I opened the balcony door, letting the night breeze pull out the air; but because the door was opened, I couldn't help staring out into the melodramatic sky - filled with clouds that predicted storms and noises that were indefinable. The melodramatic sky seeped into my room, bringing the shadows to life. If I were a child I would have been scared... but it just seemed interesing and... soothing.

Have you ever read and written something extremely depressing, but instead of filling you with sadness, you just felt immense comfort? Perhaps it's because only in sadness we know happiness, as many people say. I like to think that when we explore emotions and the contexts they're in, that's the point where we can empathsize the most.

Perhaps it's because everything seems to be coming to an end. Not only the obvious things like my course and the year, but also a change in emotions and events...

Could there be a Ballarat version of a Sante Ana wind, like I said to someone not long ago?



Last night, the storm clouds brouded behind the silhouette of a palm tree outside my window, and I felt at peace.

Comments:
I know exactly what you mean......
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]