Sunday 15 November 2009

Why are tattoos considered trashy?



Throughout history, self-expression has been abused every time a new form of self-expression becomes popular. At the moment, tattoo's are beginning to get a bad name. If you get onw above your bum, it's called a 'tramp stamp', heaven's forbid you get an asian symbol or a butterfly, because then you'll be the most cliche person in the entire universe...

People say, "get something unique", "get something that means something to you", but what if you're one of those people that believes butterflies are the most beautiful creature on the earth?

What I'm getting at, is that I think people should stop dissing other peoples choices.

In the end it is Their choice, and they're the ones who are going to have to live with them...unless they pay a hefty fee for a removal job.

Potentially my next tattoo (see picture, for idea... but more roughly sketched so it looks like it's been drawn on). (Somewhere hidden, as usual.)

Comments:
1. your design does strike me as original.
2. other people make choices just so i can mock them - at least sometimes it seems that way. you love mocking other people's choices.

or you used to.
 
i haven't seen you in a billion years (other than that one lunch)- you back again yet?
 
I love that tattoo, it comes up every so often when I'm browsing bme. :)
I think that as long as you have some reasoning behind the tattoo, be it some deep and spiritual meaning or that you just thought it suited you for some asthetic reason, then no one should care.. It's your body/canvas. But I want people to be able to say something about it, some proof they thought about their permanent artwork before they got it done; I like butterflies, my mothers favourite animal was the hedgehog, I just liked the idea of having a cartoon dragon around my leg....
 
Question: Do butterflies have tattoos of naked women on their bums?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]