Friday 28 May 2010

i (think i) need help

I'm sitting in a classroom by myself. It's 3:29pm. The kids have gone. I'm asking myself 'why on earth is anyone a teacher?' I'm asking myself 'why am I a teacher?' I'm asking myself 'Is it because i'm afraid of change or because I think I should not be a quitter.' I'm trying to remember the really good classes I had before this one. I vaguely remember them, but it's hard when there's one recent thorn in your side drawing your attention...

When something is hard, how do you know when to quit and when to attempt to triumph over the obstacle?

Comments:
*hugs* Honey, I have no idea what you should do. Your crt-part time idea might be a good one, if you'd get enough work to survive, or you could stick out what is meant to be the worst year in teaching as you are.

I think that the time to quit arrives before you really, truly hate your job, but after you just start to hate bits of it.... but that's not really a good indication of anything, I know.

*hugs* I might make it a thing to come visiting more often.
 
WOW!
That's pretty insightful. I like this post cause it's how I'm feeling today. Don't have any advice though

Maybe treat every day like an adventure...?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]